Eden Scott's client, is a recent spinout of UWS and now operates out of Scotland's Bio City on the M8 corridor. Having successfully completed their seed funding round earlier last year they are now focused on building their team.
Reporting to the Electronics R+D Manager you will develop embedded software applications for their analogue and digital electronics to interface with their high-resolution ultrasound imaging transducers, including single element and phased array solutions.
Job purpose/ key responsibilities and skills
Joining a highly experienced leadership team, the Software Design Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of technology in to products defined by customer/market specification. Working throughout the full product development cycle from prototype to final product, this will include product verification/validation as well as product introduction for high volume manufacture.
- Embedded Software development using C/C++ and Python
- Signal processing: matching filters, correlation, FFT, etc.
- Working in a RTOS environment and development of device drivers
- Electronic software debugging, validation and optimisation, design of test software
- Programming equipment such as oscilloscopes and signal generators
- GUI design
- Write technical documentation including technical feasibility studies, specifications, design documents and reports, test procedures
- Experience in embedded software design
- Microcontroller/microprocessor experience
- Hands on software design, debug and testing experience
- Experience with both Linux and Windows
- Arduino and Raspberry Pi experience would be advantageous
- Experience with FPGA design would be advantageous
- Knowledge of ultrasound theory, technology and applications would be advantageous
Ideally you will be educated to degree/MSc level in electronics or relevant discipline with a few years of industry experience behind you. As this is a small, early stage company you will have to be a strong team player with a flexible approach to work. You will be able to demonstrate a logical and proactive approach.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, contact Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org / 0141 410 1011.
If this role isn't quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.