Technical Delivery Manager
Our University client is seeking to recruit a Technical Delivery Manager for an initial 3-month contract. They are undertaking a flagship strategic project to replace their current student information management system with a new commercial off the shelf system: Tribal SITS Vision.
The project is underway and will deliver core admission functionality this year, with further areas of functionality delivered in stages to June 2020. The project includes a large programme of technical and software development work, including establishing new processes to manage the development work and the system as it transitions into operation.
The technical team is responsible for:
- In partnership with the vendor, establishing the Tribal e-vision SITS system as a fully-managed system service;
- Implementing technical platforms and bespoke solutions for migrations, integrations, and reports; and
- Performing system technical administration, management of configuration, and solution release and deployment.
The ideal candidate:
A highly experienced Technical Delivery Consultant/Coach to work with the Student Information Management System project's technical team to establish and guide the implementation of appropriate tools and processes for the project's technical work programme, including:
- Requirements definition and management
- Technology standards and architecture definition and management
- Project/Work package planning
- Development methodology - product delivery, tracking and governance
- Product quality assurance and testing
- Configuration and release management
- Software vendor interaction/relationship management
Extensive experience in:
- Establishing working practices for a technical team developing software for data migrations, system reports, and complex system integrations;
- Technical implementation of large corporate applications and transitioning systems into operations;
- Project delivery methodologies using appropriate aspects of Agile and Waterfall
- Hybrid cloud and on-premises architectures for system and data management
- Experience in the Higher Education sector and the Tribal SITS e-Vision product set would be highly regarded.
You will most likely have come through a software development career path, later adding managing people, change and quality into your responsibility. Experience in supporting operational business systems (not infrastructure) would also be important - possibly in a combined Development/Operations (DevOps) manner.
HE experience would be useful, but more valuable would be experience with development project turn-around and/or software quality systems across any sector. Technical experience in data integration/migration would be beneficial.