Technology Risk Manager
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Technology Risk Manager to join leading banking organisation which is embarking on a large scale transformational journey. This role can be fully remote, working in one of their network of offices throughout the UK on occasion.
You will join the 2nd line providing risk oversight of Digital and Data Risk, whilst being responsible for monitoring, evaluating and challenging the ability of 1st line management to identify, manage and report risks associated with digital strategy and data management in line with both internal standards and regulatory requirements, and work with them to embed an effective risk culture, including providing relevant training and education as necessary.
You will lead Risk Management SME input and advice on digital and data related risks across the Bank by building effective relationships with key stakeholders in the Digital Solutions and Data Solutions teams in 1st line as well as other areas of the Bank and external bodies as necessary.
- Support business management in embedding a risk culture and risk management practices that are customer focused and help to deliver the vision
- Monitor, evaluate and challenge business stakeholder's success in identifying, managing and reporting digital and data related risks in line with both internal standards and regulatory requirements and work with them to embed an effective risk culture, including providing relevant training and education as necessary.
- Be a respected authority on the risks associated with being a digital bank and the associated infrastructure, and data management (including Big Data and use of AI) to influence and guide RLT, ELT and LT on any weaknesses in the control environment and areas requiring additional investment or focus.
- Lead Risk Management SME input and advice on digital and data risk for new initiatives and change programmes across the Bank.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the digital and data solutions teams in 1st line as well as other areas of the Bank and external bodies as necessary.
- Provide oversight and at times support the Risk Assurance team in Risk to deliver SME reviews and thematic deep dives, using the agreed methodology.
- Oversee the maintenance and development of best practice digital and data risk management procedures to ensure effective risk oversight.
- Monitor the performance of digital and data management controls across the Bank and provide early warning of risk adverse risk trends and emerging risks. Produce consistent and accurate reports for senior leaders and the Executive.
- Support the Senior Manager, Digital, Technology and Security Risk in external reporting to the LT and Regulators.
- Advise and oversee the implementation of Digital and Data related RAS metrics and provide ongoing oversight of thresholds and limits highlighting any areas of concern.
- Support the completion of stress and scenario testing as related to digital and data risk topics.
The role sits in the Risk area that also oversees Operational Risk, Technology & Cyber Risk, Change Risk and People Risk.
You will work closely with other areas that own component parts of Operational Resilience Risk (people risk, 3rd party risk, technology risk) and with the business owners of frameworks.
- A relevant degree or professional qualification, alongside technology risk experience, and an understanding of digital platforms and data management risks (advantageous)
- Understanding of risk management processes and practices and the 3 lines of defence model in place;
- Experience in producing high quality reports for a variety of stakeholders, ensuring key messages are presented clearly and appropriately for the audience;
- Confidence in communicating;
- Stakeholder management experience;
- Understanding of project management; and
- Experience of working as part of a team, and at times leading a team, and an ability to work with teams across different locations.
- Potential bonus
- Excellent holiday allowance plus public holidays, an option to buy more
- Pension and share save scheme, as well as attractive discounts on banking products and well known high-street brands through a reward scheme.