I'm recruiting a Tendering Engineer on behalf of a leading global Engineering firm based from their state of the art headquarters in Glasgow. The business is continuing to grow & develop & has a large international presence, serving a variety of innovative markets. There is an open and supportive culture & excellent progression opportunities for development available for the right individuals.
- Preparation in a timely manner of accurate and definitive Technical & Commercial Proposals in accordance with defined scopes of supply.
- Act as focal point for receipt and completion of tender requests for spare parts and upgrade & re-rate projects. Communicate with businesses, customers, manage workload and ensure deadlines are met.
- Act as Lead Proposals Engineer for the completion of bid documents for major Rotating Equipment Maintenance Contracts for the North Sea Oil & Gas Industry. Expedite bid actions from internal and external sources to ensure deadlines are met.
- Complete and submit recommended spares holding reviews for Oil & Gas customers.
- Support the business with engineering requirements for new and existing projects..
- Act as a single point of contact on technical issues and manage client relationship.
- Review, with multiple disciplines, enquiry documents and obtain clarifications where required.
- Develop basic design and engineering requirements,t.
- Lead project handover meetings post contract award ensuring all relevant project data required for successful project execution is conveyed to all necessary disciplines.
- Ensure Tender documentation in line with company procedures and policy to ensure compliance with QA standards.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety standards in compliance with company policy to ensure safe working environment.
Skills and experience:
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent in an Engineering discipline (e.g. Mechanical / Electrical & Instrumentation)
- Experience in obtaining compliant quotations for medium to high specification equipment
- Experience with pumps or other similar rotating equipment
- Ability to pro-actively solve problems and to think laterally, whilst working under pressure
- Excellent communication, negotiating, influencing and inter-personal skills.
- Knowledge of and commitment to customer service, financial control, and engineering quality.
- Good command of English language both written and oral.
- Ideally design experience in Petrochemical or Oil & Gas
In return you can expect a competitive salary + benefits and play a key role in the development of the company's future success and with many development opportunities.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Richard Cross on 01315501120
If this role isn't quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.