Senior Process Engineer
Senior Process Engineer
Eden Scott’s client, CalaChem based in Grangemouth is one of the UK’s leading independent chemical manufacturers offering three specialist services; Contract Manufacturing, Environmental and Property & Site.
The manufacturing site was established back in 1919 and has been delivering chemical based products for almost 100 years, following acquisition in 2010 from Kemfine, it has been operating as CalaChem Ltd.
Due to continued business expansion CalaChem are looking to recruit a Senior Process Engineer to join their development team. This challenging role involves providing senior process engineering direction & support to our manufacturing units with a focus on project feasibility, delivery and process optimisation/ troubleshooting.
This role will involve taking responsibility for New Product Introduction siting technical / operational matters, technology selection, interfacing with clients and influencing cross -functional teams with all the other CalaChem departments e.g. Operations, Engineering, Commercial, Procurement, Supply Chain, Finance etc & external contractors/suppliers.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Flexible innovative thinker with proven problem solving skills
- Results driven - will deliver on promises
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- An influential team player who can also act independently
- Able to challenge the status quo.
- Provide Process engineering direction for new manufacturing projects. All aspects of process engineering from front end feasibility (engineering and commercial aspects), key technology selection, through project delivery and on to establishing manufacture.
- Provide technical direction & support to our manufacturing units with a focus on process optimisation/ troubleshooting to determine the scope of improvement projects.
- Troubleshooting, rapid diagnosis and resolution of problems in existing manufacturing plant & processes. Provide hazard assessments expertise and other safety related change issues advice to operations.
- Provide technical expertise in CalaChem’s chemical processes and assets. Play a key role in asset development planning for the future.
- Provide feasibility studies with OPEX / CAPEX estimates to allow strategic business decisions to be taken to win new business. Carry out ‘siting / feed studies’ to determine optimum asset utilisation to match mass balance and throughput targets. Manage the definition, implementation & commissioning of improvement projects.
Ideally educated to Degree level in a process engineering discipline or an equivalent qualification and you will have several years demonstrable track record from a similar, chemical production environment. Ideally you will have experience of safety compliance such as Hazard Studies, DSEAR, ATEX & management of change in a top tier COMAH site environment.
You will be willing and able to learn, will demonstrate leadership, motivation and drive and will have strong influencing skills to ensure the delivery of required engineering standards in a team environment.
In return you can expect a competitive salary + benefits and clear progression opportunities for the right individual.
Please note: All 3rd party, direct or speculative CV’s will be forwarded to our retained consultant at Eden Scott to be processed.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Laura Smyth on 01315501126.
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.