Head of Brand Marketing and Partnerships
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with Gretna Green Ltd, a fourth-generation family business, founded in 1885, involved in tourism, hospitality, retail, weddings, and agriculture. Gretna Green has over 260 years of history and heritage, marrying couples since 1754, and is now a world-class, award-winning wedding destination, with a 5-star Scottish Visitor Attraction and three hotels.
As a community spirited company, with family at its very heart, they want colleagues to enjoy the benefits that they provide and feel valued and supported throughout their time with the 'Gretna Green Family'.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team in this diverse business in a newly created role of Head of Brand Marketing and Partnerships. This role will be based at Gretna Green for the majority of the working week, situated on the Scottish side of the borders of Scotland and England. Located only 10 minutes north of Carlisle, one hour from the Lake District and 1 hour 30 minutes from Glasgow, Edinburgh or Newcastle.
This role will manage the development of imaginative and innovative brand propositions and accompanying campaigns across all customer touchpoints and marketing channels to build brand awareness, drive footfall, recruit new customers, increase retention, and drive sales across both B2C and B2B channels.
You will have a lot of experience in understanding and actioning guest insight as well as defining and building the brand to ensure they retain and build their customer base with leading-edge campaigns and customer journeys.
In time, this role will build a new created team of brand and partnership experts to support the business.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Lead the work with each of the business units to ensure their individual brand positioning aligns to and strengthens the unified group brand positioning as well as differentiating them in the category in which they operate.
- Lead the creation of the overall brand strategy & objectives through the brand planning process, aligning senior stakeholders across the organisation to input into and support the process.
- Establish the team as the centre of excellence for Customer Strategy & Proposition development across the business.
- Lead the brand & customer annual & quarterly and monthly planning process to develop a pipeline of proposition opportunities that align to Brand & Customer strategy and overall vision and business strategy.
- Create proposition briefs for teams across the business units and partner with those teams to influence and shape relevant, credible & motivating propositions that deliver against the Brand & Customer Strategies.
- Prioritise customer-facing propositions and activity against marketing objectives, resulting in a single Customer Plan that defines which activity is landing when across the year.
- Determine the annual comms budget requirement to deliver against the comms framework & commercial, brand & customer objectives they are aiming to achieve.
- Responsible for the creation and placement of advertising that is in support of the businesses and sales team's initiatives through media planning, creative development, metrics, market research, and partnership management.
- Create and implement offline brand marketing approaches such as design marketing and hardcopy promotional material.
- Responsible for the creation of all forms of marketing, for example, interactive marketing, direct marketing campaigns, advertising, sales collateral, press releases, PR campaigns, business award submissions and executive presentations.
- Manage and integrate the PR process into all programme activities for the purpose of achieving ROI and maximum positive coverage, across the UK and international markets.
- Play a major analytical role in establishing metrics for the purpose of measuring campaign effectiveness against KPI's.Also establishes a process for benchmarking the brand's performance in order to ensure that campaigns are relevant and competitive and returning the relevant ROI
- Ensure the completion of market analyses and monitors the competitive activity in the market as well as conducting gap analyses and financial modelling, to support in delivering a competitive advantage for the business and facilitate the realization of new brand marketing and partnership opportunities for the business.
Key skills and experience required:
- We are seeking a brand expert with a minimum of five years previous specific brand experience.
- Solid experience in brand positioning and/or customer proposition development and successfully landing propositions within the business so they become a fundamental part of what they do.
- Partnership experience
- You will have a strong understanding of the platforms, channels, and strategies/approaches that will enable the brand to reach all relevant audiences.
This role offers a salary that depends on experience plus various company benefits.
Eden Scott is dealing exclusively with Gretna Green Ltd on this vacancy. No closing date has been set so to be considered for this exciting opportunity with a truly unique and best in class employer, please submit your CV online or to firstname.lastname@example.org and for an informal chat or to receive the full role information pack please email or call Sally on 07776 662506.