Hotel General Manager
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with Gretna Green Ltd, a fourth-generation family business, founded in 1885, involved in tourism, hospitality, retail, weddings, and agriculture. Gretna Green has over 260 years of history and heritage, marrying couples since 1754, and is now a world-class, award-winning wedding destination, with a 5-star Scottish Visitor Attraction and three hotels.
As a community spirited company, with family at its very heart, they want colleagues to enjoy the benefits that they provide and feel valued and supported throughout their time with the 'Gretna Green Family'.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team in this diverse business in the role of Hotel General Manager. This role will be based at Gretna Green, situated on the Scottish side of the borders of Scotland and England. Located only 10 minutes north of Carlisle, one hour from the Lake District and 1 hour 30 minutes from Glasgow, Edinburgh or Newcastle.
This role will be customer centric and be responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel including day-to-day interaction with colleagues and guests. The post holder will be an ambassador for the brand and their hotel. Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of their service culture, maximise operations and deliver high levels of guest satisfaction whilst working closely with key stakeholders. You will provide a clear strategic plan to deliver the hotels profitability.
Responsible for managing the hotel's leadership team and overall hotel targets to deliver a world class guest service experience. Also be required to manage between profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
We are looking for a dynamic, customer focused individual with significant wedding and leisure experience who enjoys a hands-on operational approach. A passionate hotelier that thrives in developing and coaching the team to success. Leading from the front with a customer centric leadership style.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Oversee the operations functions of the hotel.
- Lead all key property issues, customer service and refurbishment.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded
- Deliver the hotel's budget goals and set other, short and long-term, strategic goals for the property
- Develop improvement actions plans to improve revenue, customer service standards and carry out cost savings through improving efficiencies to deliver the profitability of the hotel
- Ensure full compliance to hotel operating controls, policies, procedures and high levels customer service standards and fine tune processes to improve the overall standards service and efficiencies within the hotel
- Handling complaints and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies, with specific smart actions for improvements to drive improvements across revenue and profitability.
- Closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily/weekly basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Work closely with the Group Revenue Manager maximising room yield and the hotels revenue through innovative sales practices and yield-management programmes.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting on the overall hotel's performance with clear next steps, to drive forward revenue, exceed customer service standards, colleague engagement KPI's and profitability
- Act as a final decision-maker in hiring key colleagues, that will exceed guest service expectations
- Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads daily, with a hands-on approach, leading from the front on the floor with the teams with role modelling excellent customer service engagement and standards across the property.
- Lead and develop the HOD's in an inspiring manner to ensure career progression and development.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Respond to all H & S, Fire and Food Safety Audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved and the relevant standards across the operation are always in place.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations, (both internal and external audits).
- Responsible for legalisation, Occupational Health and Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement and a strong team ethos across the Hotel and cross functional teamwork, to exceed guest expectations.
- Develop an effective, cohesive, and competent customer focused team, with customers at the heart of everything they deliver
Key skills and experience required:
- We are seeking a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding leadership skills and extensive hands-on experience. Available to work weekends, late nights holidays and nightshifts.
- At least 10 to 15 years of experience in the hospitality industry, with significant wedding segment experience.
- Minimum five years of experience as a General Manager.
This role offers a salary that depends on experience plus various company benefits.
Eden Scott is dealing exclusively with Gretna Green Ltd on this vacancy. No closing date has been set so to be considered for this exciting opportunity with a truly unique and best in class employer, please submit your CV online or to email@example.com and for an informal chat or to receive the full role information pack please email or call Sally on 07776 662506.