Eden Scott is delighted to be working with Gretna Green Ltd, a fourth-generation family business, founded in 1885, involved in tourism, hospitality, retail, weddings, and agriculture. Gretna Green has over 260 years of history and heritage, marrying couples since 1754, and is now a world-class, award-winning wedding destination, with a 5-star Scottish Visitor Attraction and three hotels.
As a community spirited company, with family at its very heart, they want colleagues to enjoy the benefits that they provide and feel valued and supported throughout their time with the 'Gretna Green Family'.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team in this diverse business in a newly created role of Operations Director This role will be based at Gretna, situated on the Scottish side of the borders of Scotland and England. Located only 10 minutes north of Carlisle, one hour from the Lake District and 1 hour 30 minutes from Glasgow, Edinburgh or Newcastle.
This exciting new role will be instrumental in the growth of the whole business as it expands its team and services, the role will lead the Hotels and Retail Day to day operations, ensuring all teams are fully trained and motivated to excel in customer experience.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for the overall revenue and profitability of the two divisions.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to deliver budgets.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures across the two divisions to ensure the teams deliver their business objectives and health and safety, fire and food safety standards along with exceeding sales and profit budgets.
- Ensuring recruitment, succession and training plans all in place to deliver highly skilled teams across all operational departments within the business.
- A hands-on leader leading from the front with the senior leaders within the business exceeding customer expectations.
- Weekly and monthly Board reports on each divisions performance and key actions to move forward the results
- Work in collaboration with the Finance Controller building base budgets for the divisions.
- Developing and implementing training materials across the business.
- Ensuring teams scheduled in the right time right place to deliver their customer expectations and labour controls.
Key skills and experience required:
Applying candidates must have significant senior hotel, venue or retail operations experience in 4* + properties or similar.
This role offers an excellent salary that depends on experience plus various company benefits.
Eden Scott is dealing exclusively with their client on this vacancy. No closing date has been set so to be considered for this exciting opportunity with a truly unique and best in class employer, please submit your CV online.