Racecourse Operations & Experience Manager
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with Hamilton Park, an award-winning horse racing, conference, events and accommodation resort, with a first-class season of fixtures and so much more.
They have a 5* Visitor Attraction rating - VisitScotland's highest accolade and were crowned 2018 RCA Showcase Champions at the prestigious industry awards ceremony where venues from across the UK are recognised for showing 'excellence and innovation' in customer experience.
They empower their team, to not only contribute, but also have a positive impact on the development of Hamilton Park.
Their team continues to evolve as the business grows and they very much take the approach of 'aces in spaces' - employing the right people for the right roles and then giving them the opportunity to exceed their potential. They are incredibly proud of their culture which promotes professional respect and pride in their work.
Their mantra is, 'By working together, we can all achieve more.'
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team in the role of Racecourse Operations & Experience Manager, this role reports into the Racecourse General Manager and is an integral part of the racecourse team and an ambassador for the racecourse with racing professionals and the general public.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure retention of our 5 Star Visitor Attraction status through delivery of exceptional customer service standards from the racecourse team and suppliers
- Project management of racecourse site improvements
- Budget control - delivering value for money through robust management of the supply chain, with proactive forecasting and monitoring of all relevant budget lines
- Venue presentation for racedays and extensive non raceday business
- Contractor management including liaison with onsite catering partner
- Preparation and delivery of a 3 year maintenance and site development plan
- Management of the maintenance team and the ongoing maintenance work schedule alongside the Resort Facilities Manager
- Management of proactive and reactive maintenance, small works and refurbishment
- Assisting the Senior Management team on any project for the growth and development of the Company
Control of Event Day Operations, including but not limited to;
- Operational planning to deliver safe and top-class events
- Traffic management
- Contractor management including Police and Security services
- Cleaning contract management
- Raceday staff management
- Implement customer service strategy in all areas
- Health and Safety - Liaison with the Safety Officer and Resort Facilities Manager
Key skills and experience required:
- Operational/Visitor Service experience from a Visitor Attraction, outdoor venue, hospitality venue or similar and ideally, demonstrable success in operational planning and service delivery at outdoor events
- Strong attention to detail with a real focus on customer experience and service
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a pro-active approach to operational delivery
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Financially astute with good IT and communication skills
- An understanding of Health and Safety management is desirable
- An interest in horse racing is desirable but not essential
This role offers an excellent competitive salary, annual bonus and significant company benefits.
Eden Scott are dealing exclusively with Hamilton Racecourse on this vacancy so to be considered for this exciting opportunity with a truly unique and best in class employer, please submit your CV online clearly stating salary expectation or to email@example.com and for an informal chat or to receive the full job description please email or call Sally on 07776 662506.