Eden Scott is delighted to be working with Inveraray Castle. This beautiful property is situated in the scenic West Coast of Scotland and nestles on the banks of Loch Fyne only 38 miles from Oban.
Inveraray Castle is the ancestral home of the Duke of Argyll, Chief of Clan Campbell and it remains a family home today as well as a major visitor attraction.
The castle sits at the heart of a thriving estate business and the castle itself is a successful operation with a tearoom shop and gardens as part of the attraction. The Duke and Duchess take a close interest in the quality and heritage experience of the 125,000 visitors who visited in 2019.
A warm Highland welcome is at the heart of the castle as is a desire to improve year on year to deliver a better experience for all who visit.
My client is now seeking to appoint a Castle Manager to take responsibility for this vision on a full time and permanent basis.
The role of Castle Manager will oversee the smooth operation of all activities at Inveraray Castle and will be responsible for leading on all aspects of day-to-day operational management and delivery of all public-facing and back of house activity. This will include responsibility for the strategic plan, budget management, operational management, staff management and maximising of commercial revenue at the Castle along with all aspects of front of house management from the perspective of the visitor.
- To lead on the continuing development of the visitor-facing requirements of the Castle with the aim to move from the current four star rating to a five star rating and to achieve a top rating in all other areas including green energy awards, TripAdvisor or similar.
- To ensure the smooth running of the day visitor operation as well as public and private events, tearoom & gift shop, gardens and the family home.
- To implement and monitor the highest standards of presentation and customer service.
- To seek to maximise visitor numbers.
- To forward plan all logistical details for the day visitor enterprise and events business.
- To provide leadership and to supervise the team engendering a good, hard-working team spirit.
- Coordinate a training and mentoring programme for staff to ensure the best standards are maintained.
- Proactive marketing of the Castle to both the tourism industry, including bus tour and cruise ship markets as well as marketing to the domestic and international markets.
- Develop the diversity of incomes and activities at the Castle.
Key skills and experience required
Applying candidates should have a CV that details:
- Proven successful operational leadership of a high-volume 5* visitor attraction, estate, top end venue/hotel or similar.
- Experience within the travel trade/tourism industry including leading a self-operated catering.
- Proven successful experience in managing all aspects of Front of House.
- Excellent, proven management and people skills, with evidence of clear leadership ability.
- Excellent customer awareness with experience across a broad range of clientele.
- Proven commercial aptitude and experience of identifying and developing business opportunities.
- A 'can do' mentality combined with energy and patience are as essential as management and financial skills.
Excellent salary dependant on skills and experience is on offer plus various generous company benefits in order to secure the right candidate.
Live in accommodation is available should this be required in the form of a private unfurnished house within the grounds of the estate, this will be offered to the post holder on a rent-free basis with council tax paid for, re-location expenses will also be paid.
Eden Scott are dealing exclusively with this client on this vacancy so please submit your CV on line in word format with salary expectation or to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 5.00pm Friday 22nd November 2019.