Eden Scott is delighted to be retained by Findlater's Fine Foods to appoint a Buyer.
Findlater's Fine Foods started life as a restaurant and delicatessen in Linlithgow in 2004 where they sold handmade pate made in the restaurant kitchen. The pate was such a success, that demand increased, and the business then built a much larger production kitchen to cope with demand.
Findlater's pates are still made in small batches, using equipment and methods you'd expect to see in a high quality restaurant kitchen. This ensures they deliver exceptional flavours and textures.
Findlater's produce a wide range of pate, including chicken, duck and venison, all made with top quality ingredients, including a generous amount of butter. The range extends to vegetarian and fish pates and also a range of gourmet dips and pies.
The business continues to innovate and expand their product range with many of Findlater's products awarded Great Taste Gold awards.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will liaise with existing suppliers and fine new suppliers to quote for supply on technically approved ingredients and consumables.
- Liaising with individual department heads to work up specifications to enable successful quoting exercises and competitive buying strategies.
- Working with the purchase order system to ensure that suppliers are delivering as agreed
- Collecting, collating and reviewing feedback from Operations and Production areas on quantity and quality of delivery on a regular basis
- All day to day buying activities ensuring adherence to technical quality, price and lead-time requirements
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous buying experience and accustomed to dealing with diverse suppliers across multiple categories.
- Able to work in a well organised manner, planning and prioritising efficiently whilst still able to adapt swiftly to any changing needs
- Proven experience of working in a systemised and auditable way in a computerised environment
- Strong commercial instincts and acumen with the ability to build highly effective relationships with suppliers
- One-team approach and can collaborate with colleagues across the company
- Computer skills and confident in using MS Office applications
- Able to make appropriate decisions relevant to the role
- Strong communicator, able to engage effectively with a personable style.
- Passionate about good food.
- Food ingredients buying experience is preferred.
If you are interested in having an informal discussion to find out more please contact our retained consultant Alasdair Murray of Eden Scott directly on 07949 304 727
To apply please send a copy of your CV to Alasdair.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note all third party, direct and speculative applications / CVs will be forwarded to Eden Scott for consideration.