Principal Mechanical engineer
Principal Mechanical Engineer
Eden Scott's client deliver's SIoT and UIoT products and services to the Ocean Industries and Smart Cities markets. They help their customers to improve safety, improve environmental performance, reduce asset integrity management costs, increase productivity and reduce capital costs. Their innovations and designs are secured by a large patent portfolio.
Our client is seeking experienced, innovative mechanical engineers to join their team to support the design, build and delivery of the latest generation of smart wireless devices and solutions.
This is a unique opportunity to join the world leader in a fast-growing market. This key role is based optionally at the Livingston HQ.
- Interact with customers to understand their mechanical challenges and propose solutions
- Work alongside the algorithm design team on mechanical aspects of subsea measurements
- Innovate and Develop mechanical solutions using manufacturing techniques targeting product development
- Degree (Masters/PhD preferred) in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Professional accreditation
- 10+ years of mechanical design with emphasis on FEA simulation and leading projects from the technical side.
- Track record of understanding new concepts and coming up with innovative ideas.
- Technical Skills likely to include elements from;
- Experience in electro-mechanical packaging / enclosure design for subsea.
- FEA modelling
- One of [Fatigue, Corrosion, Flow-Assurance or Fluid Dynamics] analysis desirable
- Materials science (Experience with Non-metallic materials desirable)
- Python modelling (or similar)
- Model-based design practices (COMSOL/Matlab/Simulink)
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Fraser Cannon on 0141 410 1011 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role isn't quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.