Process Development Technician
PROCESS DEVELOPMENT TECHNICIAN required for our client a life science market leader based in the Livingston area, the role is full time and permanent.
You will support new product introduction, manufacture and process validation of products and assist with the delivery of improvement projects for consistency, success and enhanced outputs.
- Delivery of assigned aspects of new process introduction
- Execute production steps defined by SOPs, production records and protocols
- Apply best cGMP work practices and techniques
- Escalate and report any deviations to materials, facilities, processes or procedures
- Ensuring individual workspace is clean, tidy and well organised
- Conduct all activities in careful, safe manner and in full compliance with HSE requirements
- Ensure all equipment, facilities and materials used comply with defined standards
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and escalate to the respective supervisor or appropriate person
- Assist in troubleshooting and contribute to key technical investigations / assessments
- Deliver assigned Quality Management System documentation to agreed timeframe
- Escalate deviations to compliance to the Head of Department
- Participate in continuous process improvement and provide support to key site projects and business deliverables
- Actively contribute to the development, maintenance of, and enthusiastic, supportive, and collaborative environment within the team, across the site and between sites.
- Shift work and out of hours work as required
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the line manager in accordance with company requirements
Successful candidates will have:
- Degree qualification in biological sciences or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience of working within a cGMP environment
- Cell culture techniques/theory and a good working knowledge of downstream processing techniques
- Attention to detail
- Excellent record keeping
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities and workloads
- Consideration of impact and application of change on people, process and systems
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
Salary is dependent upon experience plus excellent benefits package
If you are interested, please get in touch on 0131 550 1136 or email your CV
Eden Scott offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.