Product Line Manager - Optoelectronics
Eden Scott's retained client is one of Scotland's growing technology businesses focusing on the manufacturing of optical components. Using direct write laser technology, the business delivers unique 3D optical solutions for customers globally.
As the business continues to expand, there is now a requirement for an experienced Product Line Manager to join the business to drive products from concept through to a profitable portfolio.
The successful candidate will require a thorough understanding of product life cycle, working as part of a customer-facing team to evaluate customer requirements and exceed expectations. Working closely with the CCO & CTO, the PLM will produce requirement specifications for new products and interface directly with relevant markets and accounts to produce detailed analysis for target markets.
- Carrying out detailed market analysis as required
- Attending customer meetings, presenting product specification / solution features
- Fully understanding customer requirements
- Monitoring products & solutions in all phases of life cycle and drive decision reviews between phases to ensure the achievement of product specifications, quality, time to market and profitability
- Providing pre and post sales technical support
- Providing technical input to customer proposals in conjunction with the CCO
- Collaborating with sales to build customer engagement plans and drive execution
- Responding to customer inquiries, assisting with technical RFPs, and working as the technical interface with cross functional teams from Engineering and Operations
- Presenting and demonstrating technology directly to customers
- Supporting customer evaluations of transceiver photonic integration, fiber coupling solutions and Optical Sub-Assembly (OSA) platforms
- Creating technical sales and marketing collateral including photonic design guides, evaluation guides, etc.
Candidates will ideally be degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g. Optical / Electronics Engineering) with several years' experience of working within a similar product line management, product marketing or programme management position. Previous experience of photonics / optical communications is required. Further required experience includes a good understanding of optical components and first-hand knowledge within the development of electro-optical components. An ability to clearly articulate technical differentiators of a product / solution is also necessary.
In return you can expect a competitive salary + benefits
This is an exciting opportunity within an already well-established business where the right candidate will be able to learn new skills and progress within the company.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now.
All 3rd party, direct or speculative CV's will be forwarded to Eden Scott.