Senior DevOps (Remote)
Initial 6-month contract for a Senior Dev Ops Engineer (InsideIR35) to join a team supporting a wide range of technical infrastructure with Azure DevOps. You will ensure availability of the platform to services teams and their service users.
You will also carry out continuous improvements to platforms, including system development, processes design and automation and diagnostics improvements. Assurance of platform security, privacy and resilience will be your greatest concern.
- Engage in discussion with the technical design lead and other technical staff recommending options for implementing technical infrastructure and data products in a way that meets security and privacy corporate responsibilities.
- Work as part of multidisciplinary teams, adopting agile approach to delivery.
- Be supportive of open and inclusive discussions about how to deliver the business' technical needs.
- Seek to maximise knowledge retention and transfer, preferring off the shelf solutions to delivery.
- Agile software engineering practices such as CI/CT/CD
- Eagerness to prioritise collaboration and partnering within the team, experience defining and implementing effective data engineering working practices in agile teams and across teams
- Experience with building and managing Terafform (especially in Azure).
- Experience with architecture/engineering of cloud based distribution systems (such as Azure)
- Experience of APIs
- Strong knowledge of Azure and its PaaS offerings such as Storage Accounts, Application Gateways, Azure Firewall, Key Vaults and App Service.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP, UDP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL/TLS, and API's
- Authentication technologies. i.e. LDAP, OAuth, 2FA, SAML, and SSO via Kerberos
- Bash, Python, Java
- Experienced with security controls
- encryption & key/certificate management, endpoint protection, virtual firewalls/ACLs/NSGs, setting up bastion nodes, etc
- Background in distributed systems
- databases, security, networking & load balancing, monitoring, scripting, automation
- A deep understanding of distributed system design and dependency management
- Operational expertise
- troubleshooting skills, understanding of system capacity/bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage, and networks
- A strong grasp of protective monitoring tools, approach and implementation
- Linux system administration (configuration, installs, automation, and monitoring)
- Experience automating infrastructure and software delivery to production
- Familiarity with open source configuration management and deployment tools such as Ansible and Terraform
Proven record implementing solutions to meet legal/regulatory requirements.
The role will be on a remote basis.
The role is inside IR35.