Product Development Engineer - Sensor Technology
Eden Scott's client is a leading manufacturer of sensor technology. Based in Central Scotland, the business ships their product to customers in over 40 countries throughout a variety of industries including Space, Subsea, Medical and Food Production.
Due to continued success, they now require an experienced Product Development Engineer with a strong technical background to help support and drive their growing business.
Working as part of the engineering team, the successful candidate will be expected to help deliver manufactured products to client specification within agreed cost, time and quality parameters.
Duties will include:
- Developing current and future client specified products
- Using defined product development processes to deliver fully engineered products in short timescales to support strategic plans
- Working with and managing external contractors to develop and improve optical / opto-mechanical analytical systems to meet business objectives and customer specifications
- Providing support for all stages of the product development lifecycle: R&D, manufacturing & engineering, production and field service
- Carrying out systematic experimental studies and associated error modelling and failure analysis in order to determine and understand measurement errors and system performance criteria
- Conducting basic-to-advanced laser and/or spectroscopy-based research that is related to new or existing technologies, product applications or new products
Candidates will have qualifications in related technical disciplines and will be able to demonstrate expertise in mechanical engineering / electronic engineering / analytical instruments, product and process technology development. Furthermore, experience in the practical development of complex mechatronic systems into volume manufacture is essential. Previous experience of robust precision mechanical systems, low noise electronics, application software and batch manufacturing are required.
This is an exciting opportunity within an already well-established business where the right candidate will be able to learn new skills and progress within the company.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Daniel MacNeill on 0131 550 1105.
Please note that any inquiries direct to the client will be re-directed to Eden Scott.
If this role isn't quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.