Eden Scott's client is a leading manufacturer of sensor technology. Based in Central Scotland, the business ships their product to customers in over 40 countries throughout a variety of industries including Space, Subsea, Medical and Food Production.
Due to continued growth there is now the opportunity for an experienced Production Engineer to oversee the manufacturing processes and maintenance within the company.
Joining a growing team, responsibilities include ensuring all H&S requirements are followed, training staff in the use of machinery, identifying problems in the production line, troubleshooting equipment and repairing any possible breakdowns.
Duties will include:
- Taking control of all production machinery and building maintenance requirements
- Liaising with engineers to develop plans that improve production, costs and labour requirements
- Diagnosing problems in the production line and providing appropriate solutions and recommendations
- Establishing safety procedures and protocols
- Keeping abreast of advancements within engineering and production
- Generating and maintaining Production Procedure / Process Instructions
- Identifying, documenting and reporting unsafe practices
- Drawing up Planned Maintenance Schedules and budgets
- Analysing all facets of production and making recommendations for improvement
- Obtaining materials and equipment required to undertake repairs and maintenance
Candidates will have qualifications in related technical disciplines (e.g. BEng / BSc) and will be able to demonstrate expertise in mechanical engineering / electronic engineering / analytical instruments, product and process technology development. Previous experience of robust precision mechanical systems, low noise electronics, application software and batch manufacturing are required. Previous experience in the practical development of complex mechatronic systems into volume manufacture is also essential.
Experience of working within the medical devices or automotive sectors will be highly beneficial.
This is an exciting opportunity within an already well-established business where the right candidate will be able to learn new skills and progress within the company.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now.
Please note that any inquiries direct to the client will be re-directed to Eden Scott.
If this role isn't quite what you are looking for, register your CV with Eden Scott and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.