Eden Scott's client is a dynamic and rapidly expanding international renewable energy consultancy specialising in full project life cycle consultancy and advisory services to a range of utilities, developers, financiers, regulators and private asset owners. The company is a leader in the field of renewable energy advisory work and prides itself on dealing with the world's climate change needs through the passion and dedication of an exceptional team.
A prosperous opportunity for a Bid Manager has become available, joining the Bid Management Department of this vibrant organisation located in central Scotland. The position is specifically focused on the management of bid delivery for services to clients within the renewable sector across areas such as analytics, planning & consenting, due diligence etc. The successful candidate may be someone with some initial experience within a busy commercial department who is eager to make the step into the renewable energy sector.
- Ownership for the bid/tender process - managing the bid process from cradle to grave, breaking down tenders into manageable work packages, assembling suitable teams to deliver the tender response, converting tenders from RFQ stage into bespoke customer offerings.
- Preparing the tender response and issuing to clients in a timely manner
- Ability to undertake detailed tender reviews, with the ability to assimilate complex data sets in order to extrapolate key information
- Prioritising between concurrent tenders of varying size and complexity
- Undertake business travel as necessary to different customer sites
- Required to understand requirements of clients and create a team to deliver based on these specific requirements
- Working alongside a Bid Management team of approximately 8 (Bid Managers and Coordinators)
- Degree qualified ideally in a relevant Business or Engineering Discipline with at least 2 years post-graduate experience
- Basic level of exposure to commercial department tender/bid work with the ability to develop these skills
- Ability to build strong, lasting relationships with internal and external bodies
- Experience working in the Renewable Wind industry or passionate about Renewable Energy (direct industry experience is not a pre-requisite)
- Detailed consciousness with ability to analyse client requirements quickly
- Ability to prioritise workload and stay calm under time constraints
- UK Driving Licence
- Self-motivated with a willingness to learn from others and develop
- Experience working in a commercial department environment (Renewable Energy nice to have, not essential)
- Exposure to SAP would be advantanageous
- Ability to speak French (nice to have, not essential).
In return, you will be part of a dynamic and growing organisation where there is a professional but relaxed culture and where ideas are encouraged and considered.