Finance Analyst - Stock
Eden Scott's client, a huge energy company based in Perthshire are recruiting for a Financial Analyst to join their busy finance team. They are looking for a forward thinking and ambitious individual who will become a huge part of the finance function.
As a Finance Stock Analyst you will be responsible for the execution of comprehensive general accounting and stock control activities. The Stock Analyst is responsible for supporting the Stock Accountant through the accurate and timely execution of transactional processing activities such as posting standard journals, running reports and supporting Stock accounting activities.
The Stock Analyst will also be expected to help undertake stock counts within local depots in the South Region.
Key Accountabilities for these roles include:
* Reconciliation of stock systems - Run reports from SNAP and Oracle(Harmony) for main depots and reconcile. Investigate and interrogate both systems any differences weekly and identify any fixes required to prevent repetition.
- Stock take - travel to local or main depots and undertake stock taking on a monthly and annual basis
- Bank Reconciliations - receipt of monies into the Stock bank account and reconciliations at month and Year end.
- VAT - support preparation of VAT returns and perform monthly VAT checks
- Budgeting Forecasting - support for budgeting and forecasting activities for Stock.
Your Skills and Experience
Ability to work with minimal supervision and deliver high quality work to tight deadlines
Knowledge of core financial systems and general stock accounting procedures. Knowledge in stock and logistics environment will be beneficial.
Functional and Technical Skills Proficient in MS office Applications Intermediate excel preferred
Knowledge of Oracle ERP systems, processes and workflow technology
- Part Qualified Management Accountant - CIMA / ACCA / with relevant degree / professional qualification in accountancy.
- Advanced Excel and analysis skills are essential.
- Strong communication and decision making skills
- Tax and VAT knowledge would be hugely benificial
- Strong analytical skills
If successful you will expect to receive salary of up to £35,000 per annum. Study support and career development plan will be put in place for you in order to help you reach your goals.
To discuss this role in more detail, call Aaron Neill on 0131 550 1142 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org