Embedded Systems Engineer
Embedded Systems Engineer
Aberdeen (at least 1 day a week, the rest remote/home-based)
£35000 - £50000 per annum
Eden Scott are delighted to be working on a retained basis with our growing technology client in Aberdeen. This exciting business are transforming maintenance strategies within oil analysis from preventative to predictive maintenance. Their 'lab-on-a-chip' technology delivers oil analysis 1000x faster and 10x cheaper than the current approach of sending samples to laboratories.
Further to securing further funding and investment, there is now a requirement for an experienced Electronics Engineer to join the business as they look to advance their product to manufacturing stage.
The Embedded Systems Engineer will play a pivotal role in defining, delivering, testing, gaining regulatory approvals for and ultimately maintaining the embedded electronics and firmware of the product. They will be the primary technical interface in respect of instrument control systems for external development resources, suppliers, and clients.
Main accountabilities include:
Providing technical know-how to inform architectural choices, providing detailed analysis and recommendations for critical technical decisions relating to embedded systems
- Planning and delivering embedded systems development tasks to meet business priorities
- Identifying, selecting, and managing resources in respect of the embedded systems to deliver the product
- Establishing project management and reporting with external partners in respect of the embedded electronics and firmware to ensure quality, delivery and cost targets are achieved
- Product life cycle management of the embedded systems of chemical analysis instrumentation including:
- Requirements capture and specification
- Detailed design
- Design validation
- Production release & configuration management
- Production validation & regulatory approval
- Continuous integration / continuous deployment
Experience wise, candidates will ideally be degree qualified in a relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering / Science / Physics) and have a proven background in embedded system programming, ideally for instrumentation or sensor products. Furthermore, experience of managing complex technical embedded systems projects is essential as is a strong working knowledge of electronics hardware design, manufacture, and test.
Further requirements include:
- Embedded software skills (e.g. C / C++)
- Familiarity with real time operating systems (e.g. Linux / FreeRTOS / VxWorks)
- Technical knowledge of embedded interfaces
- An ability to understand, analyse, and test complex schematic circuits and PCB assemblies
- Experience of obtaining regulatory product approvals including LVD, EMC, RED
- Knowledge of micro-controllers
In return you can expect a competitive compensation package, including equity. They're open to someone working 1 day a week from Aberdeen, the rest home-based.
Do not miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now.