OPERATIONS ASSISTANT required for our client, a design and manufacturing market leader based in West Lothian - this is a permanent role.
This is a very exciting opportunity to join a market leader who are experiencing significant growth and who now require a highly-motivated and resourceful Operations Assistant to join the fast-paced Operations team. The team is looking for a task-focused team player to add value while supporting the team and their rapidly-increasing workload.
The company is looking for an administrator with boundless initiative who will fit into the culture of a team currently on an exciting journey of expansion.
YOU should be highly-organised, detail-conscious and accurate in all aspects of your work. Good communication skills (both verbal and written) are essential, along with the flexibility to take on a wide variety of tasks, as determined by the team workload.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, your Key Duties will include:-
- Preparing of export documentation for overseas customers
- Booking and co-ordination of UK and overseas logistics channels
- Customer contact to confirm and update logistics arrangements
- Preparing and placing limited value and one-off purchase orders
- Supplier contact for order confirmation and expediting
- Support for team administrative processes, e.g. proof of export, supplier approvals etc
- Team administration and support as required and directed by team members
Requirements to Succeed:-
- 1-2 years' experience in a fast-paced administration role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management and scheduling skills, with the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Well-presented and well-prepared for customer interactions
- A self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team
- A willingness to learn and develop
- Experience of export logistics documentation and processes would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Willingness to start work at 7am until 4.30pm Monday to Friday
What you'll get back:-
- A highly-rewarding role in a dynamic team with the chance to develop your career as the business grows
- The chance to try new ideas and to embrace new technology as it becomes available
- Competitive salary, along with generous team-based bonus package
Salary up to £24,000 per annum dependent upon experience, plus bonus and other benefits
Hours Monday to Friday 7am to 4.30pm
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 - 550 1148 for further information.