Production Operator / Technician
PRODUCTION OPERATOR / TECHNICIAN required for our client a design and manufacturing market leader who are based in West Lothian- this is a permanent role.
This is a very exciting opportunity to join a market leader who are experiencing significant growth and require a dynamic team player who has proven experience, skills and knowledge in mechanical assembly along with some electrical experience. The role requires operating to high quality standards.
- Mechanical assembly
- Electrical assembly
- Using hand tools
- Using measurement equipment
- You will be competent at build inspection at all stages
- Compliance with health and safety standards, flexibility, and development of skills through the complete manufacturing process.
- Maintain a high standard of 5' s workplace organisation. Continuous improvement / elimination of waste, through 'Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Working as a team to achieve customer quality, delivery, cost and innovation requirements.
- Provide feedback to the production team about possible improvements and attending team meetings
- Supporting the operations team in setting up, adjusting and organising assembly area
Candidates will have:
- Previously worked in manufacturing, engineering, automotive, electronics or electrical installation environment
- Hands-on experience in MECHANICAL ASSEMBLY and build of components, parts, hydraulics or similar
- Electrical assembly experience
- Used various types of hand tools
- Candidates will be open minded and able to share observations and ideas and work closely as part of a team
- Ability to work at speed
- The ability to be open minded and learn new skills
- Possess a flexible working attitude
* Salary £20,500 - £27,000 dependent upon experience, excellent productivity bonus and work incentive schemes, 30 days holidays plus Christmas holidays and pension scheme.
* Hours of work Monday to Friday 0630-1600 hours, 45 hours per week
Please email CV or call 0131 550 1136 for further information