PRODUCTION OPERATORS required for our client based on the outskirts of Edinburgh.
The work is initially temporary to go permanent after a trial period.
In the role of Production Operator, you will be responsible for feeding the production line with raw materials. Working at speed to maintain flow and efficiency while ensuring the quality of product, you will be involved in the full production process to the manual removal of materials at the end of the line.
You will be required to:
* Work on a fast-paced production line
* Handle materials
* Feed machines with product
* Carry out visual quality inspection checks
* Manually remove materials from the line
* Pack products - palletising
* Work the full duration of shift carrying out very physical work
* Work on general labouring duties
* Keep all work areas clean and tidy
* Work to targets and deadlines
* Work as part of a team
Successful Candidates will have/be:
- Previous experience in a target driven production/manufacturing role
- Previous experience working to operating procedures and quality standards
- Previous experience in problem solving and continuous improvement
- Good communication skills
- A team player but capable of working on own initiative
- Self-starters who can learn and develop quickly
- Excellent timekeeping
Hours of Work:
You must be able to work 12-hour continental shifts 0600 - 1800 and 1800 - 0600 hours
Includes weekend working
Candidates must have their own transport due to site location
Hourly rates £9.90 rising to £12.85
Starting Salary £22,000 rising to £28,000 per annum plus over time once permanent
If you are immediately available, please get in touch on 0131 550 1136 or email your CV
Eden Scott offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.