- South Lanarkshire
- £30000 - £35000 per annum
Join us as an Assembly Technician and be part of an industry revolution!
As an Assembly Technician you will join our manufacturing team engaged in the assembly of Genset units and expanders for a wide and varied client base. We are seeking a highly skilled and detail orientated Assembly Technician with expertise in rotational equipment. You will play a key role in ensuring the quality and efficiency of our equipment assembly process.
The role will also include working in the production test facility assisting with new product development work and production output.
- Perform precise assembly of rotational equipment according to engineering specifications, technical drawings, and assembly procedures.
- Support Engineering in the new product development process.
- Assist with development and production output testing, including setting up tests and supporting product or component testing.
- Conduct thorough testing and inspections of assembled equipment to ensure proper functioning, alignment, and adherence to quality standards.
- Identify and resolve assembly issues.
- Maintain detailed records of the assembly process, modifications, and troubleshooting steps for reference and future analysis.
- Perform pre-assembly activities such as cleaning and lubrication.
- Perform final checks and adjustments to ensure high-quality output.
- Adhere to all safety protocols, guidelines, and regulations to maintain a safe working environment.
- Proven experience as an Assembly Technician, preferably with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Strong expertise in rotational equipment, including motors, pumps, turbines, and related components.
- Excellent understanding of mechanical principles and assembly techniques.
- Proficient in using various tools and handling equipment used in rotational equipment assembly.
- Meticulous attention to detail, ensuring accurate alignment, installation, and assembly of components.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve assembly issues and mechanical problems.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a proactive approach to process improvement.
- Excellent time management skills, able to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Good understanding of health and safety principles.
- HNC in Mechanical or Production Engineering (or equivalent qualification).
Monday to Thursday, 7.30am to 4pm and Friday 7am to 1pm.
Up to £35K