We are delighted to be working with our client, a leading energy services organisation who provide expertise across surface and subsea projects, as they have a new job opening for a Contracts Specialist to join their Aberdeen team on a permanent basis.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join an organisation focused on fostering change and innovation to provide high quality, efficient and sustainable results for their clients. Whether you are just starting out in your career or looking for a new challenge, this organisation has a key focus on professional development for their staff, working within an inclusive team environment.
As the Contracts Specialist, you will work within a project team environment, carrying out a client facing contracts management role including, project reporting, change management, preparing and submitting payment milestones, identifying contractual risks on the project and providing day-to-day contractual and commercial support for the Project Manager. There will be support from Senior Contracts Specialists and you will report into the Contracts Manager.
- Participate in commercial strategic discussions and decisions to ensure that contracts risks are identified, properly evaluated and mitigated.
- Provide the project with accurate summaries of contract related matters including contract synopsis, contract review, contract obligations matrix and guidance on contract requirements.
- Monitor all project deliverables as well as identify risks and opportunities.
- Advise the project manager/director on aspects of Project execution which deviate from contract requirement.
- Assumes overall responsibility for all contractual and commercial issues related to management of change.
- Interface with Cost Control to establish and maintain accurate financial forecasting.
- Previous work experience in a similar role within a project environment in the Energy Industry
- Strong commercial and contractual background
- Tendering experience desirable
- Cost aware & results focused
- Ability to manage change
- Strong negotiation skills and experience
- Ability to provide open and direct dialogue with stakeholders
- Competitive salary
- Attractive pension contribution
- Annual Leave: 30 days plus 5 fixed public holidays
- Hybrid working structure (3 days in the office, 2 days at home)
- Private healthcare (discounted rates for family)
- Life Assurance
- Compressed Working Week (up to 12 days off per year if additional hours are worked)
- Canteen, shop facilities and gym on site
Should this position be of interest, please click the link to apply or send an updated CV to Carrie.Martin@edenscott.com .
If you would like to discuss the opportunity further with reference to the FULL job description and benefits package, please do not hesitate to contact Carrie Martin on 01224 965506 .