Equipment Sales Manager
- South Ayrshire
- £dependant on experience + Package
Eden Scott is delighted to be retained by Peacock Salt to appoint an Equipment Sales Manager.
Peacock Salt is the largest distributor of salt products in the United Kingdom. A family business with great heritage and history, founded in the 19th Century initially shipping coal, wood and salt around Europe, to now becoming the largest importer of white marine salt in the United Kingdom. Peacock Salt are at the forefront of the industry in terms of product innovation, quality and customer service and have a strategy to further enhance this, producing sustainable and profitable growth through organic growth and acquisition. They are indeed "Serious about Salt!"
A unique opportunity has arisen to join Peacock Salt as an Equipment Sales Manager looking after Peacock's own brand of winter equipment. We are one of the largest salt suppliers in the UK, serving a multitude of different sectors with salt and associated products and services. It is an exciting time to join this 5th generation family business as we celebrate our 150th Anniversary in 2024.
Your customer base will consist of Winter Service Operators within the public and private sector and involve a mixture of new business development and account management. You will work as part of the Sales and Marketing Team to help shape and deliver strategies and maximise events and conferencing opportunities. You'll be working on new and existing product ranges and will have the opportunity to develop our product offering.
- Building and maintaining effective business relationships with new and existing customers, resellers, business partners and other stakeholders.
- Prospecting and identifying new potential customers, meeting and demonstrating equipment and/or presenting as necessary.
- Building and maintaining a sales pipeline and recording sales activities on CRM
- Working closely with internal stakeholders and some key suppliers to develop fantastic customer experiences and fit-for-purpose products.
- Develop targets and budgets for your own individual area and feed into the creation of organisational strategy and company objectives.
- Collaborate with team-members and Sales and Marketing Director to deliver multiple product lines to new and existing customers.
- Travel throughout the UK and limited foreign travel for meetings, events, training and other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years Sales and Marketing experience in a business to business environment.
- Must have a track record of effective business relationship management, whilst meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Must have evidenced ability to understand customer requirements and work autonomously or as part of a team to respond with a suitable offer.
- Must have an evidenced excellent "Customer Service" attitude, strong commercial acumen and excellent negotiating skills.
- Experience of working in a field based role, with good organizational skills and an ability to operate proactively and independently.
The role will be split between working in the field, at home and from head office (Ayr).
If you are interested in having an informal discussion to find out more please contact our retained consultant Alasdair Murray of Eden Scott directly on 07949 304 727
To apply please send a copy of your CV to Alasdair.email@example.com
Please note all third party, direct and speculative applications / CVs will be forwarded to Eden Scott for consideration.