Laser Systems Engineer (Graduate Opportunity)
Are you a recent physics graduate looking for an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge laser technology? We are delighted to be working with a world-leading photonics manufacturer to assist them in their search for Laser System Engineers.
As a Laser Systems Engineer, you will work in a hands-on role, supporting the organisation's cutting-edge laser technology. You will utilise the expertise gained during your Physics degree to assist in the final assembly and test of production products through sophisticated techniques, such as laser alignment, fault diagnosis and more.
Based in their state-of-the-art facilities in Glasgow, our client is a world leader in the design and manufacturing of cutting-edge photonics technology that is used for industrial, scientific and medical applications. They have over 5000 employees across 40 different countries, creating revolutionary products that set new standards on the marketplace.
What will I do?
Every day, you will work hand-in-hand with some of the brightest minds in this industry to ensure that the products leave the factory with the highest level of reliability. You will use the skills gained throughout your education to assemble and test a variety of different laser systems.
In addition, you can expect to:
- Perform laser alignment and test on advanced products
- Manage the set-up and calibration of lasers through electronic control methods
- Strive to improve existing laser build documentation
- Conduct the final optical assembly of advanced laser products
- Use a range of techniques including fault diagnosis; result monitoring and analysis
What's in it for me?
Our client offers a friendly, business-orientated work environment and great staff facilities within their modern building.
They offer a competitive remuneration package, including:
- Flexible working where possible, allowing you to start your weekend early
- Subsidised private healthcare, including digital GP, dental care and free life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- A competitive company pension scheme
- An on-site bistro
- Social Committee that provides a range of events, from Go-Karting to Virtual Escape Rooms
- An impressive Educational Assistance Scheme, providing support for further study
Our client also offers relocation assistance for this role, speak to Derek Polowyj for more information.
We provide you with full support throughout the application process, from 1:1 interview coaching to CV Formatting and personalised advice.
- A degree or equivalent in physics, a laser science or related subject or equivalent knowledge gained through working in a laser production environment
- Experience and familiarity with lasers and optics
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to work in a team environment
Please note that we are not able to consider applicants that require visa sponsorship of any kind - to apply, you must hold UK Citizenship, Pre-Settled or Settled Status.
Please follow the link in this advert to submit your application.
Please contact Derek Polowyj on 0131 550 1109 or at email@example.com for more information.