Lead Engineer - Fixed Foundations
- £80000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus
Lead Engineer - Fixed Foundations - Edinburgh
Eden Scott are supporting their Developer client with the appointment of a Lead Engineer (Fixed Foundations). This position will support the development and construction of one of their offshore wind farms, the licence for which was awarded during the ScotWind leasing round.
Scotland is a global leader in the scale of its ambition for offshore renewable energy with more than 27GW offshore wind planned under the ScotWind leasing round alone. This is an exciting engineering journey, which will see floating wind, hydrogen and a variety of new technologies coming online, as well as being part of the transition away from fossil fuels that are vital for our planet.
Our client was founded by a consortium of global renewables in 2020. It is an offshore wind developer based in Edinburgh. Over the coming decade, we will plan, design and construct 2GW of offshore wind power (enough to power 2.4 million homes).
Our client is now looking for a Lead Engineer (Fixed Foundations) to provide technical input and expertise on the fixed foundations for the Offshore Wind Farm and the Offshore Substation foundations during the full lifecycle of development and operations. The role includes engineering and design responsibility, interfacing with other workstreams and packages, managing consultants and contractors and Balance of Plant support in order to ensure timely and efficient project delivery.
We are looking for candidates who have experience in the following areas:
- University level to Bachelor or Master of Science in Engineering Civil/Structural/Mechanical.
- 5 + years of proven experience in wind, oil and gas, construction, engineering or similar (preferably in offshore wind or transmissions systems).
- Proven experience in engineering, procurement & construction activities related to offshore foundations and the management of these activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of offshore wind principles and foundation technical and commercial drivers.
- Knowledge and experience of planning, managing and executing offshore foundation design contracts, design management, program management, cost and risk control.
- An understanding of relevant design codes and standards.
- Knowledge of integrated loads analysis, primary and secondary steel designs, corrosion protection systems, structural materials, welding, fatigue, bolt design, FE analysis, environmental loading, transport and installation, operation and maintenance
- Ability to be proactive, work independently, deliver your own ideas and results, and perform high quality work within tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and in particular, Health and Safety issues offshore including CDM (2015).
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Strong written communications and presentation skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to building deep connections and networks within the organisation.
Your key responsibilities and duties would include:
- Providing input to and implementing the project engineering strategy and plans relating to the offshore foundations.
- Deliver integrated engineering solutions and facilitate the key technical interfaces between Foundations package and external contractors and support technical interfaces within the BoP packages and between other workstreams
- Procuring the required engineering services through tendering or negotiation (preparation, evaluation and selection of preferred consultants), managing design contracts and various consultants whilst ensuring associated interfaces are addressed.
- Undertake critical technical reviews of offshore structural design work.
- Identify and quantify design and foundation associated risks and mitigation measures with the objective of enhancing value including involvement of certification bodies.
- Contribute to the development and definition of internal procedures, engineering standards and technical acceptance criteria for the project.
- Provision of technical support relating to offshore wind structures for certification, fabrication, transport & installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance.
- Manage and provide design guidance and internal technical verification of WTG and OSS foundations.
- Inform DevEx, CapEx and OpEx assumptions and estimates relating to offshore structures throughout the various stages of project development.
- Assist with the preparation of construction contracts (e.g. employer's requirements and technical specifications) and contribute to project scheduling / budgeting and risk management
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, project partners, external design consultants and contractors to produce optimal solutions suiting project objectives.
Why join our client:
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing team at the forefront of offshore renewable energy with prospects for growing your level of responsibility within our client or the wider founder company network globally.
- Working with project development professionals, engineers and marine science experts on topics that involve fast-moving technologies and science
- Remote, part-time and flexible work available
- Competitive salary and benefits package
To apply for the position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org