Rural Surveyor / Land Manager
- Perth & Kinross
Eden Scott is delighted to support on this exciting and unique opportunity for an ambitious Surveyor to join a small, but rapidly growing rural professional services business, Terra Magna Ltd.
Based in Perth, Terra Magna Ltd covers Scotland and north England providing professional consultancy services a wide variety of rural businesses with an emphasis on infrastructure and renewables.
The surveyor will be supporting senior staff in a wide and exciting variety of projects. This opportunity will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to be involved with some of Scotland's largest renewables and utilities projects and build up experience in a rapidly expanding and thriving sector of professional work. The successful candidate will be expected to be involved with all aspects of the business and professional work, meaning no day will be the same.
Duties & accountabilities
- Reporting to the Directors
- Negotiation of Heads of Terms and compensation for a wide variety of projects
- Negotiation of wind, battery, hydrogen and hydro renewables projects
- Utilities work including compensation for a wide variety of rural businesses on electricity, gas and water projects
- Provision of professional services to rural clients including management advice and agricultural lease negotiation
- Rural property acquisitions
- Supporting senior staff in the day to day work and management of the company
- Site visits and meetings across Scotland and opportunity on rare occasion to go further afield. Occasional over night stays may be necessary at the cost of the business.
- Contractor management
- Business development
- Recently qualified MRICS or a few years post qualification experience preferred but not a prerequisite however a background in rural business/farming or renewables would be preferred.
- Candidates with appropriate experience will also be considered
- Dynamic and self-motivated with the initiative and drive to deliver results.
- A team player, reliable, friendly, with excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships.
- Organised with ability prioritise activities and work independently and be able to use initiative.
- Good IT skills with emails and Microsoft office
Package & Benefits
- Salary dependant on experience
- Full time or part time considered.
- Additional benefit package including pensions contributions, car allowance and life assurance
- Discretionary bonus
Terra Magna is based in Perth however given work is spread across Scotland, flexible working arrangements will be considered.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Anita Galbraith - firstname.lastname@example.org / 07968 201951