FinTech presents a high growth market opportunity, with a very solid foundation in Edinburgh & Glasgow.
Now circa 100 Scottish-based businesses classified as fintechs – compared to just 33 this time last year. That is impressive growth by any standards.
The presence of fintech in Scotland has been established and has real substance. There is a real breadth to the agenda which has extended opportunities in Scotland.
Stephen Ingledew, chief executive of FinTech Scotland
Partnering as you grow.
Eden Scott’s FinTech practice is set up predominantly to support those who have hit critical mass and are scaling up. We also have the ability to support early stage startups as they secure funding, and embark on building teams.
Our 3 core offerings are:
- Critical hires at 1 or 2 levels below Board - specifically strong leadership skills, strategic thinking, combined with sound operational awareness and subject matter expertise.
- Urgent, non business-as-usual projects or gap-fills - interim or consulting solutions.
- We leverage our Talentspark platform to expand early stage startups’ footprint, and accelerate their growth via pooling talent & knowledge.
The major challenges currently being faced:
- Attracting and retaining top talent - We proactively expand our candidate network, building long-term relationships with rising stars and proven Execs across the UK and Europe.
- Driving diversity in the workplace - The fintech industry has a gender diversity problem, with women representing only 29% of staff in the sector. Some of the main challenges can be listed as the pay gap, absence of women on boards & leadership positions and the lack of flexible working options. We leverage relationships with women in tech & co-host events with female role models in the Tech & FinTech sectors
- Scalability & combating inertia / instilling continuous learning
- Gaining / maintaining competitive advantage (the corporates are catching up!)
- Balancing automation with customer centricity
- Staying lean & agile as you grow
- Operational leadership
- Customer / Sales
- Product management
- Front End Development
Paul has over 15 years’ of experience in delivering recruitment solutions for several industries covering experienced, managerial and leadership hires. Specialising in Accounting, Finance & Commercial roles Paul delivers search, contingency and assessment recruitment solutions.
Paul’s strongest toolsets are client consulting, candidate development and delivering advisory services. FinTech, Digital, Start-up and high growth SMEs all benefit from this approach where the solution is delivered around the need.
Karen has 18 years of recruitment experience having specialised in Financial Services Recruitment since 1998. Over the years Karen has forged key business relationships with many of the markets major players. Providing a broad range of consultancy services across the breadth of the industry. Karen specialises in Investments Ops, Which includes Back and Middle Office. Along with Business Change and Project Management.
Karen reputation is based on providing a discreet, professional, and high-quality service with most of my business generated through personal recommendation.
Proven ability in developing strong working relationships with both clients and candidates and believes in offering a tailored approach to suit each individual requirement.
Sarah has worked with Eden Scott for almost 7 years and is Business Manager for the Business Support and HR function, encompassing temporary, fixed term and permanent hires through Edinburgh and the surrounding areas. Within the Business Support function, Sarah and her team cover all areas from Reception, Administration, Customer Service to Office Management, Secretarial, Personal Assistant, Executive Assistant to Operations & Project Management. Sarah also specialises in HR from entry-level to senior including Head of HR/HR Director level. Sarah and her team are passionate about building long term lasting relationships with both candidates and clients and work with a variety of industry sectors.