The Receptionist is a vital role, often being the face of the business/the first point of contact when visiting the office. It is a varied and often busy role where there can often be conflicting priorities therefore a well organised and professional individual is vital in this position. Typical duties include:
- Greeting and welcoming visitors
- Ensuring visitors sign in the visitors' book, and inform the relevant staff member of their arrival.
- Issue staff or visitor passes as required
- Offer refreshments i.e. coffee/tea to visitors
- Answer, screen and forward incoming telephone calls
- Deal with all enquiries (telephone, email, in-person) in a friendly and polite manner.
- Book meetings/meeting rooms & often car parking spaces
- Meeting room setup – liaise with relevant facilities/maintenance/catering when required
- Sign for deliveries, sort post, and notify recipients of their arrival.
- Arrange courier pickups
- Keep the reception area presentable
- Schedule & assist with internal events
- Order of supplies/stationary
- Book travel to/from the office